A Little Bit of Good News

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been spending most of free time sleeping or feeling depressed.

I have a little bit of good news to share. Two weeks ago I finished chemo and yesterday I found eyebrow stubble. If you think that sounds weird, you are extremely right. But the good news doesn't stop there. After a good half-way PET scan result, it is recommended that you have just a CT scan at the end of chemo. Otherwise you could start chasing something that actually isn't cancer but that lights up because of high activity, such as the brain or the heart. The doctors are pretty sure that the cancer is gone, but we have to wait until the CT scan to confirm that. But just because the cancer is gone, doesn't mean I'm suddenly all better. It will take anywhere from 3-6 months for me to feel back to normal.

So now that I'm recovering Mortimer Dorkus. My doctors and I are trying to figure out ways for my constant headache to be relieved. For those of you who don't know, May 28th of last year I sustained my fourth concussion and have had a constant 6/7 out of 10 headache ever since. I was not able to go to school, so I was put on home bound school with a substitute teacher from school district tutoring me a few times a week. And it actually worked out well when I got Mortimer Dorkus because I didn't have to worry about missing school.

So all in all, I feel pretty crappy right now. I;m having back pain still and the changes in weather haven't been helping my headache at all.

Popular posts from this blog

Hawaii Baby

(Memory)al Day Weekend

Officially Summer